Terms and Conditions
THE AGREEMENT : The use of this website and services on this website provided by Standon Solutions Limited (hereinafter referred to as ” SOS4U “) are subject to the following Terms & Conditions, all parts and sub-parts of which are specifically incorporated by reference here. This Agreement shall govern the use of all pages on this website (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Website”) and any services provided by or on this website (“Services”).
“ We“, “ us“, and “our ” are references to SOS4U.CO.UK.
“User“, “You” and “Your” denotes the person who is accessing the website to take or avail of any service from us. User shall include the Company, partnership, sole trader, person, body, corporate or association taking services of this website.
“ Customer’s Address ” – means the address where the customer has requested the cleaning services to be carried out.
“ Customer ” – means the person or corporate body, together with any subsidiary or associated Company as defined by the Companies Act 2006, to whom the cleaning services are supplied by the Company.
“Operative” or “Cleaning Operative” – means the person or firm providing service on behalf of the Company.
” Website” shall mean and include Standon Solutions Limited and any successor website of the Company or any of its affiliates.
“ Visit” – means the visit to the Customer’s service address by the Cleaner to provide the service.
Parties : Collectively, the parties to this Agreement (We and You) will be referred to as “Parties”.
ASSENT & ACCEPTANCE
- YOUR OBLIGATION TO COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
- LIMITATIONS OF OUR LIABILITY TO YOU; AND
- A REQUIREMENT THAT YOU PURSUE CLAIMS OR SEEK RELIEF AGAINST US (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS RATHER THAN AS A PARTICIPANT IN ANY CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING.
Consequences of Non-Compliance
Your failure to comply with the Terms may result in the suspension or termination of your account and/or access to the Services and may subject you to civil and criminal penalties.
You must be at least 18 (Eighteen) years of age to use this Website or any Services contained herein. By using this website, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age and may legally agree to this Agreement. We assume no responsibility or liability for any misrepresentation of your age.
ACCURACY OF INFORMATION
Occasionally there may be information on the website that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to user descriptions, pricing, availability, promotions, and offers. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to make changes or modifications to these Terms and conditions at any time and for any reason. We undertake no obligation to update, amend or clarify information on the website, including, without limitation, pricing information, except as required by law. No specified update or refresh date applied on the website should be taken to indicate that all information on the Website or Services has been modified or updated. Please ensure that you check the applicable Terms every time you use our site so that you understand which Terms apply. You will be subject to and will be deemed to have been made aware of and to have accepted the changes in any revised Terms and conditions by your continued use of the site, after the date such revised Terms and conditions are posted.
These Terms and Conditions represent a contract between SOS4U and the Customer.
- Both parties will ensure that their respective responsibilities under this Agreement are undertaken in compliance with all statutory regulations and codes of conduct.
- The Customer agrees that any use of the Company’s services Commercial Cleaning, Domestic (Cleaning, Smart Home monitoring, Odd Jobs Services), including placing an order for services by phone, live chat, email, or website forms will constitute the Customer’s acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing by a manager of the Company these Terms and Conditions will prevail over any other terms of business or purchase conditions put forward by the Customer.
- No variation or alteration of these Terms and Conditions will be valid unless approved in writing by a manager of the Company.
- All quotations are given by the Company following a request by the Customer and will remain open to acceptance for a period of 30 days from their date.
- We reserve the right to amend the initial quotation should the Customer’s original requirements change.
- The Company will provide all supplies, (including cleaning supplies and carpet cleaning equipment) required to provide the cleaning services.
- The Customer must provide running water and electricity at the premises where the cleaning services take place.
- The Customer must make a payment or Bank Transfer before the Operative leaves the Customer’s property.
- Although greatly appreciated and a powerful way to say, ‘Thank you”, the Customer understands that tipping is not required.
- We reserve the right to cancel any contract and back charge additional for past services to reflect the balance of the standard rate, if any misleading or false information was used to obtain discounted cleaning service or if the given general requirements for the service and its professional performance would not be possible.
- The rates of payment by the Company will be as agreed between the Company and the Customer or his representative. The Customer will make no reduction or retention from the sum due under any invoice.
The Customer can cancel the scheduled services by giving no less than 24 hours prior notice in writing. If the service is booked less than 24 hours from when it takes place, the client waives the right to cancel the booking. In case the service is cancelled, the Company requires the Customer to pay a cancellation fee. If the Customer reschedules the service to a different day & time, no cancellation/rescheduling fee is required.
The Customer must pay the full price of the booked service if:
- Our Operative arrived at the Customer’s address and was unable to gain access to the Customer’s property through no fault of the Company. If the Customer or third party has prevented the agent from doing their job. If keys are provided, they must open all locks without any special effort or skills.
- If the Customer reschedules the service upon the arrival of the Operative onsite, the same should cover travel expenses to the Operative.
- If the Customer needs to change the service or time, the Company will do its best to accommodate. Any changes to booked services are subject to a 24-hour prior notice and availability.
Refund will be issued only if:
- The Customer has cancelled services within the allowed time of 24 hours prior to the start of the services.
- An Operative has not been able to provide the services due to reasons beyond the Customer’s responsibility.
- We request that complaints or feedback be provided in writing (by letter or email) and include photographic evidence of the issue area and a description of the issue, within a reasonable time of service completion, to ensure that the details are received in a clear and complete manner. Due to the nature of the service, a reasonable time is equal to up to 24 hours upon completion of the service.
- All services will be deemed to have been provided to the Customer’s satisfaction unless a written notice detailing the complaint is received by the Company within a reasonable time of service completion. The Company will fully investigate any complaints and attempt to resolve them to the satisfaction of the Customer or alternatively, to a reasonable standard.
- The Customer agrees to allow the Company back to re-clean any disputed areas or repair damaged items before making any attempts to clean those areas themself or arranging a third party to provide a cleaning or repair service, with regards to the above. Failure to do so will consider the matter fully settled.
- According to Consumer Rights Act 2015, a repeat performance can be requested only if reasonable and is not in conformity with our requirements for a professional performance of the service.
- Further to Consumer Rights Act 2015, the service should be performed with reasonable care and skills; however, if it is in conformity with our requirements for a professional performance of the service or the requested service is inapposite for the situation, the Company will not be liable for any future issues.
- The Customer agrees that due to the nature of the services, the Company guarantees only to correct any problems reported within a reasonable time equal to 24 hours upon completion of the services. Failure to do so will entitle the Customer to nothing.
- We may require entry to the property of the claim as soon as possible to rectify the problem.
- The Customer agrees to inspect the work immediately upon the services being performed and to draw the Operative’s attention to any outstanding issues while they are still on site. The Operatives will provide any such additional work to the Customer’s complete satisfaction.
- If the Customer or any third party instructed by the Customer is not present at the time of completion of the services to inspect the work, then no claims regarding any issues can be made.
- If the Customer instructs a third party to inspect the result of the service, then the Company must be notified before the completion of the service.
- In case of a third party inspecting or refusing to inspect the result from the service, then the Company cannot be held responsible for rectifying any outstanding issues not mentioned by the third party.
- Any refunds or adjustments must be requested from us directly and subject to approval by us.
- The Customer waives his right to stop payment on his card or protest a Bank Transfer payment.
- While the Company Operatives make every effort not to break items, accidents do happen. Identical replacement is always attempted but not guaranteed. For this specific reason, we request all irreplaceable items (whether monetarily or sentimentally valuable) be stored away and/or not cleaned by the Operatives.
- In case of confirmed damage caused by Operatives, the Company will attempt to repair the item at its cost. If the item can’t be repaired, we will rectify the problem by crediting the client with the item’s present actual cash value toward a like for like replacement from a Company’s source, upon payment of the service rendered.
- We will not be responsible for damage due to faulty and/or improper installation of any item, also old/worn out/damaged items. All surfaces (i.e., marble, granite, wood, etc.) are assumed sealed and ready to clean without causing harm.
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around our Web pages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Web site.
You agree not to use the Website or Services for any unlawful purpose or any purpose prohibited under this clause. You agree not to use the Website or Services in any way that could damage the Website, Services, or general business of sos4u.co.uk.
You further agree not to use the Website or Services:
- To harass, abuse, or threaten others or otherwise violate any person’s legal rights.
- To violate any of our intellectual property rights or any third party.
- To upload or otherwise disseminate any computer viruses or other software that may damage the property of another.
- To perpetrate any fraud.
- To engage in or create any unlawful gambling, sweepstakes, or pyramid scheme.
- To publish or distribute any obscene or defamatory material.
- To publish or distribute any material that incites violence, hate, or discrimination towards any group.
- To unlawfully gather information about others.
HYPERLINKING TO OUR CONTENT
1) Without prior written approval, the following organizations may link to our site:
- Government agencies.
- Search engines.
- News organizations.
- Online directory distributors, when they list us in the directory, may link to our Web site in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Web sites of other listed businesses; and
- Systemwide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups that may not hyperlink to our Web site.
1) We allow these links if the link:
(a) is not misleading;
(b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement, or approval of the linking party or its products or services; and
(c) is appropriate to the linking party’s site.
2) We may consider and approve, in our sole discretion, other link requests from the following types of organizations:
- Commonly-known consumer and business information sources such as the Chambers of Commerce and Consumers Union.
- dot.com community sites.
- Associations or other groups representing charities, including charity-giving sites
online directory distributors.
- Internet portals.
- Accounting, law, and consulting firms whose primary clients are businesses; and
- educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we determine that the link will not reflect unfavourably on us or our accredited businesses (for example, trade associations or other organizations representing inherently suspect types of business, such as work-at-home opportunities, are not permitted to link);
(b) the organization does not have an unsatisfactory record with us and
(c) the benefit to us from the increased visibility associated with the hyperlink outweighs the cost of the link.
We allow these links if the link:
(a) is not misleading;
(b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party or its products or services; and
(c) is appropriate to the linking party’s website.
If you are one of the organizations listed in paragraph 2 and would like to link to our website, please contact us at [email protected]. List any URLs from which you intend to link to our Web site, along with the URL(s) on our site to which you would like to link. Response time is 2-3 weeks. Those approved may link to our site as follows:
- By using our company name, the URL (web address) being linked to, or any other description of our website or material that makes sense within the context and format of the linking party’s site.
No use of the SOS4U logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
You agree that the Website and all Services provided by us are the property of SOS4U, including all copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, and other intellectual property (“Our IP”). You agree that we own all rights, title, and interest in and to the Our IP and that you will not use Our IP for any unlawful or infringing purpose. You agree not to reproduce or distribute Our IP in any way, including electronically or via registration of any new trademarks, trade names, service marks, or Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), without express written permission from us.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless SOS4U and its affiliates and/or related entities, whether direct or indirect, current, former or future and its and their respective current, former, or future officers, directors, employees, agents, successors and assigns and related third parties (each an “Indemnified Party”), for any claims, causes of action, debts, damages, losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) relating to or arising out of any third-party claim that
(a) your use of or inability to use the Services,
(b) any user postings made by you,
(c) your violation of any terms of this Agreement or your violation of any rights of a third party or
(d) your violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations, except to the extent caused by any unlawful or negligent act or omission by SOS4U. SOS4U reserves the right, at its own cost, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with SOS4U in asserting any available defences. An Indemnified Party may participate in the defence by counsel of its own choosing, at its own cost and expense. You shall not settle any claim that adversely affects an Indemnified Party or imposes any obligation or liability on an Indemnified Party without the Indemnified Party’s prior written consent.
If the Parties are unable to resolve a Dispute through informal negotiations, the Dispute (except those Disputes expressly excluded below) will be finally and exclusively resolved through binding arbitration. The arbitration may be conducted in person, through the submission of documents, by phone, or online. The arbitrator will make a decision in writing but need not provide a statement of reasons unless requested by either party. The arbitrator must follow applicable law, and any award may be challenged if the arbitrator fails to do so. The arbitration will take place in the United Kingdom. Except as otherwise provided herein, the Parties may litigate in court to compel arbitration, stay proceedings pending arbitration, or confirm, modify, vacate, or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator.
If, for any reason, the Dispute proceeds in court rather than arbitration, the Dispute shall be commenced or prosecuted in the state and federal courts located in the United Kingdom, and the Parties hereby consent to and waive all defences of lack of personal jurisdiction and forum non-convenient with respect to venue and jurisdiction in such state and federal courts.
In no event shall any Dispute brought by either party related in any way to the site be commenced more than one(1) year after the cause of action arose. If this provision is found to be illegal or unenforceable, then neither party will elect to arbitrate any Dispute falling within that portion of this provision found to be illegal or unenforceable, and such Dispute shall be decided by a court of competent jurisdiction within the courts listed for jurisdiction above, and the Parties agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of that court.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
You understand and agree that we
(A) do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, validity, or timeliness of information listed by us or any third parties, and
(B) shall not be responsible for any materials posted by us or any third party. You shall use your judgment, caution, and common sense in evaluating any prospective methods or offers and any information provided by us or any third party.
Further, we shall not be liable for direct, indirect consequential, or any other form of loss or damage that may be suffered by a user using the sos4u.co.uk Website, including loss of data or information or any kind of financial or physical loss or damage.
In no event shall SOS4U, nor its Owner, directors, employees, partners, agents, suppliers, or affiliates, be accountable for any indirect, incidental, special, eventful, or exemplary costs, including without limitation, loss of proceeds, figures, usage, goodwill, or other intangible losses, consequential from
(i) your use or access of or failure to access or use the service;
(ii) any conduct or content of any third party on the service;
(iii) any content attained from the service; and
(iv) unlawful access, use or alteration of your transmissions or content, whether or not based on guarantee, Agreement, domestic wrong (including carelessness) or any other lawful concept, whether or not we’ve been aware of the possibility of such damage, and even if a cure set forth herein is originated to have futile of its important purpose.
MODIFICATION & VARIATION
We may, from time to time and at any time without notice to you, modify this Agreement. You agree that we have the right to modify this Agreement or revise anything contained herein. You further agree that all modifications to this Agreement are in full force and effect immediately upon posting on the website and that modifications or variations will replace any prior version of this Agreement unless prior versions are specifically referred to or incorporated into the latest modification or variation of this Agreement.
You agree that your use of the Website and Services is at your sole and exclusive risk and that any Services provided by us are on an “As is” basis. We hereby expressly disclaim any express or implied warranties of any kind, including but not limited to the implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose and the implied warranty of merchantability. We make no warranties that the Website or Services will meet your needs or that the Website or Services will be uninterrupted, error-free, or secure. We also make no warranties as to the reliability or accuracy of any information on the website or obtained through the Services. You agree that any damage that may occur to you through your computer system or because of the loss of your data from your use of the Website or Services is your sole responsibility and that we are not liable for any such damage or loss.
LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
We are not liable for any damages that may occur to you because of your use of the Website or Services to the fullest extent permitted by law. This section applies to any claims by you, including, but not limited to, lost profits or revenues, consequential or punitive damages, negligence, strict liability, fraud, or torts of any kind.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
This website originates from the United Kingdom. The laws of the United Kingdom. Without regard to its conflict of law, principles will govern these terms to the contrary. You hereby agree that all disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the United Kingdom. By using this website, you consent to the jurisdiction and venue of such courts in connection with any action, suit, proceeding, or claim arising under or by reason of these terms. You hereby waive any right to trial by jury arising out of these terms.
If any provision of these Terms and conditions is determined to be unlawful, void, or unenforceable, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from these Terms and conditions, such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
If you would like to contact us to understand more about our terms or wish to contact us concerning any other matter, you may do so via the ‘contact us’ or email us at [email protected] .
This document was last updated on October 1, 2022